ENTERTAINMENT ATTORNEYS (In Hollywood Attorneys Have Power… Here’s 40… Pick One
by Dov S-S Simens on January 9, 2016
IN HOLLYWOOD POWER IS MONEY and ATTORNEYS HAVE POWER
Want to Produce, Write or Direct? Then you will have Talent Contracts, Producer Agreements, Writer’s Options & Distributor Deals.
You need an entertainment attorney if you want to play with Hollywood.
Entertainment Attorneys have power. Power works. They make deals happen. They know where the money is. They know what the money wants. They know how to make the deals.
However, here are the problems with entertainment attorneys…”they’re A-T-T-O-R-N-E-Y-S……. Duh”.
Everyone hates attorneys and I am no different. However a long time ago I heard the saying that “Attorneys are like oil. No one likes it. No one wants to touch it. It is sticky. It smells. It is dirty. It is grimy… However, if you want to own a Ferrari or a Mercedes or a Porsche they need oil.
Hollywood Attorneys are like oil, and sludge (Yuk), and grease (Yuk), and grime (Yuk) but without them Hollywood will not work.
No one wants them. No one wants to touch them. But I guarantee you… you will need one… so why not get the best.
So here is my list of the most POWERFUL entertainment attorneys. They are the Deal-Makers. They are the Power Brokers. But never, ever forget…”they are A-T-T-T-O-N-E-Y-S”.
They will say whatever you want them to say, they will agree with you and then tell you (A) here’s my hourly fee ($350/hour low to $1,500/hour high), (B) here’s my retainer ($10,000-$25,000) and (C) please sign this…. And….
Now, here’s my list of the Top 40 Talent Attorneys:
4 CATEGORIES of ENTERTAINMENT ATTORNIES
- TALENT ATTORNEYS (Hiring or Firing….Actors, Writers, Directors, etc)
- LITIGATIION ATTORNEYS (So you wanna sue…. Distributors, Contract Enforcement)
- CORPORATE ATTORNEYS (Want to be a Merger or Acquisition… Deal-Makers & Power-Brokers)
- LABOR TALENT (Got a union issue, you screwed up your waver)
40 POWERFUL TALENT BROKERS (They are all Attorneys, Google their names & firms & research)
- Karl Austen
- Jake Bloom
- John Branca
- Harold Brown
- Melanie Cook
- Ernie Del
- Warren Dern
- Patti Felker
- Sam Fischer
- David Fox
- Michael Gendler
- Allan Grubman
- Tom Hansen
- Alan Hergott
- Barry Hirsch
- Jam Jackoway
- Craig Jacobson
- Matt Johnson
- Joel Katz
- Debbie Klein
- Kenneth Kleinberg
- David Lande
- Linda Lichter
- Joel Mckuin
- Bob Myman
- Peter Nelson
- Jeanne Newman
- Robert Offer
- Lee Phillips
- Bruce Ramer
- Ken Richman
- Lawrence Rose
- Paul Schindler
- Nina Shaw
- Jason Sloane
- Gary Stiffelman
- Steve Warren
- Alan Wertheimer
- Bryan Wolf
- Kevin Yorn I hope you understand how comprehensive this list is…. My attorney, along with a Deal-Maker attorney (not listed, to follow in another post), who is representing my China Film Academy & ChinaMovieStudio.com is on this list…. These attorneys oversee $2-$3 Billion/year in deals for Writers, Actors, Directors & Producers…. Google. Get their firms. Get their phone numbers. Give a call. They usually will take the call… but be ready for them to say “My Retainer is”
- God Bless & Happy Filmmaking,
- COMMENT & SHARE:
- www.WebFilmSchool.com.www.WebFilmSchool.comReal Facts. Real Knowledge. No-Bull.Happy Filmmaking,
Keep Up to date… Join our e-mail list.
*** NO-BULL ***