FILMMAKER SUCCESS FORMULA (The 7-Step Process…Guaranteed… Start At The Bottom)
by Dov S-S Simens on August 13, 2015
7-STEPS to FILM SUCCESS
(1) Read this Blog
(2) Pick a Budget (see below) that is hopefully #1 to #6… Go #7 to #12 in budget selection and you are not realistic
(3) Get the Script… Keep-It-Simple-Stupid (90-pages, 1-Location, No Stunts, No VFX, No EXT-NIGHT)
(4) Hustle some money (see below, #1 to #6)
(5) Make the Film and make it with Talent
(6) Be a Good Person
(7) Trust God…
…This ain’t rocket science
Want to Produce? Want to Direct? Want to Write? Want to Star in a Feature Film?
Of course you do…
Plus, aren’t you tired of waiting to be discovered as everyone of your ideas is being made… and being made poorly.
START AT THE BOTTOM
Now with state-of-art micro-dollar cameras and on-demand revenues, plus increased foreign sales and product placement revenues there is no excuse for not making independent (Micro-Budget & Low-Budget) feature films that profit if you get realistic and start-at-the-bottom and make your first feature film.
The phrase is “Are you sick-and-tired of being sick-and-tired”. If so then 12 Blogs (posted 4-6 months ago) will be perfect for you.
Because in the 12 Blogs (2 per past week… please I beg you to go back & re-read ’em) detail 12 Feature Film Budgets, that are realistic to make for your 1st feature film, while outlining (checque-by-checque) exactly what to pay Crew, Cameras, Vendors, Writers, Actors, Suppliers, Attorneys, Agents, Props, Wardrobe, Music, Lab, DCP, Publicity, etc. when making your first feature film…
The 12 Budgets detailed range from as little as $1,000 (3-day, 2 iPhone shoot), and please do not tell me that that is not obtainable, to as high as $10,000,000 (7-week, Visual Effects, Road Flick, with 2 Movie Names) which is definitely a stretch for first-timers but not if your daddy is a Billionaire named Pritzker or Ellison or a Sheik or a Trump.
Bottom-Line, is that after perusing the 12 budgets (12 Blogs) you will be 100% focused on what your first feature film will be,… and know exactly what you can achieve as you move your career forward.
The Top 10 Budgets (okay 12) for Filmmakers are…
(1) ($1,000 – $10,000): NO-BUDGET Weekend BUDGET
(2) ($10,000-$20,000): CREDIT CARD 4-Weekends over 3-Month BUDGET
(3) ($20,000-$30,000): SHOT-FOR 1-week power-through but No-Post BUDGET
(4) ($30,000-$50,000): MICRO-BUDGET Real-Time with Post & Music BUDGET
(5) ($50,000-$70,000): MINI-BUDGET 1-Week 16mm Film BUDGET
(6) ($100,000-$200,000): LOW-BUDGET 1-2 Week 4K BUDGET
(7) ($300,000-$500,000): MILLION DOLLAR 3-Week, 2 Red, 20:1 Shooting Ratio BUDGET
(8) ($1,000,000-$2,000,000): CROWD-FUND 1-Month, 3 Guild BUDGET
(9) ($2,000,000-$3,000,000): TV MOW 5-Week, shot in Canada, True Story BUDGET
(10) ($3,000,000-$5,000,000): PRODUCT PLACEMENT 5-7 Week BUDGET
(11) ($5,000,000-$7,000,000): INTERNATIONAL CO-PRODUCTION 5-7 Week BUDGET
(12) ($10,000,000+): WEINSTEIN/MIRAMAX BUDGET
BOTTOM-LINE: What is your 1st Feature Budget?
12 Budgets. 12 Movies. 12 opportunities to launch your Feature Film career. Now, please be “ruthlessly honest” and for your very first feature film, assuming you have no proven track record and are not a marketable name and do not have a billionaire parent…Of the 12 Budgets outlined which is going to be Your 1st Feature Film Budget?
Is a Million Dollar budget realistic? I think not.
Is a $1-2 Million budget realistic? I think not.
Is a $2-3 Million budget realistic? I think not.
Is a $3-5 Million budget realistic. I think not.
Is a $7-10 Million budget realistic. I think not.
My very strong opinion, even though the above budgets ($1-$10 Million) are called “Low-Budget” they are still massive amounts of money to secure for your first project and I truly believe that your first feature film is going to either be…
…(1) “No-Budget” 3-day shoot…
…(2) “Micro-Budget” 1-week Shoot…
…(3) “Mini-Budget” 1-2 week Shoot…
…(4) “Low-Budget” 2-week Shoot…
…(5) “Under $1 Million” (this is a push) 3-week Shoot.
These are movies made for $1,000 – $200,000 and realistic for your first feature film.
Dov Simens / Dean / Hollywood Film Institute
$89-$389 FILM SCHOOL (Master Filmmaking in 16-Hours…Why Wait?)
Want to Produce, Write, Direct? Want facts… not theory?
Then my 3 film programs are affordable & perfect for you…
$89-$389. Live, DVD & Streaming Formats.
(No-Theory. No-Bull… Just Honest Info)
Next “2-DAY FILM SCHOOL” is September 17-18 or December 10-11.
Keep Up to date…
Join our e-mail list.
*** NO-BULL ***