GOT AN IDEA…NEED AN AGENT? (Here are 50 Agents for Writers, Comics, Actors, Directors & Reality Ideas… Call.)
by Dov S-S Simens on February 19, 2016
SELL YOUR IDEA: Movie, Sitcoms & Reality
“Yo Dov, I need an agent. Do you know one?” is probably the most common question I’m asked.
And yes, I know hundreds (below is a list of Talent Agents, Literary Agents, Music Agents, Production Agents, Packaging Agents, etc.) from just one Agency but first you need to know the true job of an agent.
Let’s get real: Agents are not here to (A) sell your script or (B) get you a job; Agents are here to (C) maximize your revenue potential after you have (A2) sold your script or you have (B2) already started a career, with name recognition, for the forthcoming year.
I hope you heard (oops “read”) that… Agents are not hear to sell ideas from non-marketable people.
Thus, you must first become marketable and then you will get an agent to maximize, now that you are marketable, your revenue potential for the forthcoming year.
To get marketable you have to either make a No-Budget, Micro-Budget or Ultra-Low-Budget Movie that gets distribution or at least get a YouTube Channel with 1-3 million views of everything you post.
Thus, “You must make the first sale or get the first above-the-line title on a film, that obtains global distribution, so now an agent can call and say “I represent the WRITER-OF, the PRODUCER-OF, the DIRECTOR-OF….” Which means you are marketable!
BUT I ONLY GOT AN IDEA
But if all you have is an idea (I’m sure it’s great, but who doesn’t have a great idea) then you better first write it on paper (2-3 pages, double spaced typing) with a Title Page that states in parenthesis ” ( ) ” “Treatment For Feature Film” or “Treatment For Reality Series” or “Treatment For TV Sitcom” and register it with the Writers Guild (www.WGA.org) at a cost of $20-25 and now you have proof of what you created.
For always remember “No one owns an idea”.
REALITY CHECK: Always remember, “celebrities”, “marketable names”, “hot directors” can sell ideas… Now you… you, not being one of those three must, at a minimum, write your idea, make it tangible and obtain proof (date of registration or date of copyright) of when you created it, then attach yourself (aka: partner) to a “celebrity name”… who has a track record of delivery.
But you still are asking me for some agents…. and all you have is an idea. I’m telling you its gonna be useless. But I promised in this Posts Title to give you 50 Agents so here goes…
I’ll pick an agency, PARADIGM.
They are the smallest of the “Big 6” agencies and have offices in LOS ANGELES, NEW YORK & NASHVILLE with hundreds of agents.
I’ll give you the names of 50 agents at Paradigm. FIVE-ZERO! FIFTY!
No more excuses. Now, pick up your phone and call…but (A) are you marketable, (B) do you own something (ideas are not ownable) and (C) do you have proof of an ability to deliver.
In the interim, assuming you are A, B & C (see above) here is a list of Paradigm Agents.
PARADIGM (Los Angeles)
360 N Crescent Dr, N Building, Beverly Hills, Ca 90210 (310-288-8000)
- Norman Aladjerm (Talent Agent)
- Alisa Adler (Talent)
- Ryan Bartlett (Talent)
- Nate Bryson (Talent)
- Carlos Carrerra (Talent)
- Jason Cunningham (Talent)
- Jim Dempsey (Talent)
- Chris Dennis (Talent)
- Wendi Gree (Talent, YOUTH)
- Jack Kingsrud (Talent
- Jennifer Millar (Talent, YOUTH)
- Stephanie Ramsey (Talent)
- Brad Schenck (Talent)
- Chris Scmidt (Talent)
- Steve Small (Talent)
- Jeff Benson (Literary)
- Debbee Klein (Literary)
- Bill Douglas, TV Literary)
- Doug Frank (TV :iterary)
- Jeff Greenberg (TV Literary)
- Ian Greenstein (TV Literary)
- Rich Rogers (TV Literary)
- Andrew Ruf (Financing)
- Greg Chou (Financing)
- Nick Lopiccola (Financing)
- Valerie Phillips (Financing
- Steve Wohl (Alternative Programming)
- Dan Ilani (Alternative Programming)
- Cameron Kadison (Alternative Programming)
LINE PRODUCERS – CINEMATOGRAHY
- Frank Blakin (Physical Production)
- Jay Gilbert (Physical Production)
- Brian Goldberg (Physical Production)
- Gil Harari (Physical Production)
- Michael Kirschner (Physical Production)
MUSIC – COMPOSERS – SINGERS
- Joe Atamian (Music, Monterey Office, California)
- Fred Bohlander (Music, Monterey Office)
- Jessica Christensen (Music, Monterey Office)
- Lynn Cyngari (Music, Monterey Office)
- Chip Hooper (Music, Monterey Office)
- Jonathan Levine (Music, Monterey Office)
- Duffy McSwigim (Music, Monterey Office)
- Bobby Cudd (Music, Nashville Office)
- Steve Dahl (Music, Nashville Office)
- Jeffrey Hassan (Music, Nashville Office)
- Brian Hill (Music, Nashville Office)
- Kevin Huffman (Music, Nashville Office)
COMICS – COMEDY
- Matt Frost (Comedy, New York Office)
- Nate Herweyer (Comedy, New York Office)
- Kevin Kastrup (Comedy, New York Office)
- Seth Malasky (Comedy, New York Office)
20-HOUR FILM SCHOOL (Quick, Intensive & Easy)… Why Wait?
Want to Produce, Write, Direct? Want only facts… not theory.
Then either of my film programs are perfect for you…
Plus, they are only $89-$289.
Real Knowledge. No-Theory. No-Bull.
Keep Up to date… Join our e-mail list.